Open Source API Gateway
The essential component in cloud native API Management: our open source API Gateway, free to all forever
API Management however you like it
Use our API Gateway plus Tyk Pump, Tyk Sync, and Tyk CLI with no feature lock out, so you can build your open source API Gateway to manage REST or GraphQL however you like. Roll your own Dashboard, Analytics and Dev Portal, or buy ours and make your life easier!
Why are we so committed to open source? It’s in our blood. We started as an open source API Gateway and we’re hackers at heart. Now we’ve built a community of developers to get involved and make wonderful things with Tyk.
And it’s not just us that believe in the power of open source. Tyk Open Source is used both by curious developers with a side project and global enterprises.
Why Tyk Open Source?
- Free to use, forever. Supported by an active community
- Easily extensible, pluggable architecture with open standards
- Highly performant, cloud-native, written in Go, supports REST and GraphQL
- Proud members of Open API Specification, Linux foundation, CNCF
Free to all
Open, for business
Thousands of businesses are using open source tools like Tyk to power their digital transformation. Our API Gateway features are available open source, free to all, to customise and integrate with your existing infrastructure as you wish.
Code can be easily vetted, audited, and security tested, ideal for businesses that are highly-regulated or managing complex InfoSec requirements.
Use Tyk with whatever takes your fancy
We hate lock-in and love open standards, so we make it easy for you to integrate Tyk’s open source tools with whatever tools you like: paid, open source, made by Tyk or made by others.
We know you just want to get going, and just use the parts of Tyk you need. Our open source approach means you can use Tyk with whatever other best-of-breed tools you want to.
Tyk Open Source API Gateway
True open source
Anything that is API Gateway-related, lives in the Gateway, or is critical for the Gateway to work, we make open and freely available via our Github. That includes our powerful new GraphQL server.
You can use Tyk Pump, Tyk Sync, Tyk CLI knowing that they’re open sourced, backwards-compatible and always will be.
Need more than just a Gateway? No problem
Our full API Management platform Tyk Pro gives you:
- A user-friendly dashboard to make API management even easier (especially for non-techies)
- Access to out-of-the-box transformations and user/policy management
- Easy to use, no-code, design of complex GraphQL APIs
- The ability to document and expose your APIs through a developer portal
- Tools to manage multiple APIs across global data centres (with paid MDCB feature)