Job Title: Technology Operations Lead
Who are Tyk?
Tyk is a fast growing technology company and in order to continue our journey we need to ensure our fully distributed team have access to the best possible technology and collaboration tools, with the most rigorous security and compliance.
We’re looking for someone to own our internal IT and the processes and governance around it.
You will be an emerging leader, with proven hands-on technical support experience, and a keen interest in information security and risk management.
You’ll be excited by the prospect of defining operational IT strategy, implementing and maintaining solutions which will further enable Tyk as an agile, compliant and high-performant distributed business.
You will be able to work autonomously, build strong stakeholder relationships across multiple locations, and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
Maintain operational stability:
- Provide technical support to our global staff.
- Manage and maintain Tyk business systems, including access and licence management
- Maintain Business Continuity plan.
- Work with platform suppliers to ensure best-in-class provision, service and value.
Defining and executing strategic direction for technology operations, with a focus on risk management and information security controls:
- Identity and Access Management
- Document/Data Protection
- Mobile Device Management
- Risk identification and triage
- Threat detection and prevention
- Event management and reporting
Drive continuous improvement and risk-aware culture:
- Identify opportunities for improvement in all areas, develop and execute strategies to address those opportunities.
- Communicate pertinent security-related information (company, industry and technology news events) to leadership.
- Produce, review and enhance policy and procedure documentation which will define and evidence operational behaviour.
- Practical experience providing remote user support – including Mac, Windows, iOS/Android mobile devices, and cloud-based applications including G-Suite.
- Proven experience managing and executing full technology project lifecycle, from concept to implementation including ongoing support.
- Skilled communicator, able to develop business cases and influence at all levels of an organisation.
- Detail oriented, administration expert – including policy and procedure documentation, risk analysis, asset inventory maintenance.
- The ability to develop and articulate technical strategy, own and execute continuous improvement in a cutting-edge technology landscape.
- Are business fluent in spoken and written English.
- Are passionate about making an impact in a growth environment.
- Are legally able to live and work in the UK.
- Can demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team and are able to effectively communicate your ideas to your colleagues.
- Will continually improve your job-relevant skill set through formal training courses and certifications.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
There is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore to global organisations like Capital One, the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.