Who are Tyk?
Founded in London in 2015. We have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe, our mission: to connect every system in the world.
We’ve spent the last 18 months setting a solid foundation for Tyk’s global marketing efforts: shouting from the rooftops as loud as we can given our diminutive size; cultivating a growing and passionate Tyk community; and taking our open source mantra out on the road – from the Americas to Australia.
It’s now time to turn things up a notch, so we’re looking to recruit an additional marketing and events expert to be the team’s eyes and ears on the ground in our newest city: Atlanta. Your role will be critical in boosting brand awareness for Tyk and developing our community relationships, stateside. You’ll also be key to championing Tyk’s brand values and marketing efforts amongst our new US team.
Whether it’s hitting the road to take our popular community workshops across the Americas, working with our talented design team to craft bespoke swag for an upcoming conference, or collaborating with the Tyk community and our local partners on relevant content for our campaigns and website, you’ll play a huge part in helping our users find, use, and love Tyk.
This will be primarily by managing and implementing an active events schedule, but will also involve content and collateral creation, event campaigning and advertising, networking and managing suppliers.
Our ideal person will understand the importance of consistency in voice, brand, and message, across all our varied channels and formats, but also be able to advise on localised content so our message can have the maximum impact.
This is a really exciting opportunity to make a clear, measurable difference to our users, and to the business’s growth. You’ll be the first marketing team member on the ground in the USA, so you’ll be a key point of contact for our Global Marketing Manager, with a huge amount of opportunity for career development.
What can you do with us?
It’s critical that you take the work you’re doing seriously, but not yourself, and that you are happy to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. We’re looking for someone who is as comfortable running to the local store to grab drinks for a last-minute community event as they are managing the concept, content, logistics and implementation for the industry’s largest conference. At Tyk we are big on teamwork, not arrogance or politics.
In all of this you’ll be supported by a team of marketers & designers, and will check in regularly with the Marketing Manager and Business Directors. We work together to implement and refine our marketing strategy and execute promotional campaigns, content production, events, as well as the usual ad-hoc activities. However, you will be the first marketing team member stateside, so it’s vital that you have a keen sense of initiative and are confident to execute plans and make decisions whilst following agreed processes.
Though the initial focal point of this role will be events and market insight, this is a hands-on role with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop as we scale our US operation. You’ll also be critical in championing our brand values across all the work we do from our Atlanta office. Given the nature of the role, and events currently committed to, you will be required to travel for short periods infrequently for the first year.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a marketing or events role for a B2B organisation
- The right to work from, or around, our office in Atlanta
- Demonstrable experience of managing events or complex projects/logistics from initial research through to measuring impact
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets (by individual project or greater)
- Demonstrable experience of managing suppliers or other team members who are not direct reports
- Experience with content planning, creation and production of a wide range of content types e.g. blog posts, case studies, social media posts, email marketing, in line with an agreed marketing strategy
- Experience in measuring success of activity against stated targets and making recommendations for future improvements
- Experience in executing multichannel marketing campaigns across web, email, social, and paid advertising
- Experience in website content management, social media management, email marketing platforms and Google Analytics
- Excellent communication skills – written and interpersonal
- Fluent in written and spoken business-level English
- Professional marketing qualification
- Excellent copywriter
- Experience working with a remote team
- Marketing strategy and planning
- Campaign management
- Project management
- Experience with Mailchimp
- Experience with WordPress CMS
- Experience with Capsule CRM
- Public Relations experience
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
There is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity, with great healthcare benefits too. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our Atlanta office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.