Who are Tyk?
Founded in London in 2015. We have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe, our mission: to connect every system in the world.
We’ve spent the last 18 months setting a solid foundation for Tyk’s global marketing efforts: shouting from the rooftops as loud as we can; cultivating a growing and passionate Tyk community; and taking our open source mantra out on the road – from the Americas to Australia.
It’s now time to turn things up a notch, so we’re looking to recruit an additional marketing expert to focus on shaping, creating and promoting Tyk’s enterprise offering via global multichannel marketing campaigns. In addition, this role will support on day-to-day marketing activity in the APAC region, particularly events, content/collateral creation, partnership development, and market insight.
Whether it’s overseeing a global feature launch from concept creation through to impact measurement, organising a local event, or developing regional success stories to support our APAC sales team, you’ll play a huge part in helping our users find, use, and love Tyk.
This is a really exciting role that will make a clear, measurable difference to our users, and to the business’s growth. You’ll be the eyes and ears of the Tyk marketing team across APAC and we’re counting on you to champion the brand and brand values for our team, community and partners across the region.
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a marketer who loves a mix of creative and commercial in their daily role: someone who is confident turning phrases, and then tracking their impact on the bottom line. You’ll enjoy cracking the conundrum of what makes our users tick, before applying it to a varied campaign of multiple parts crossing our product, consulting engineering and own marketing team. You’ll be an excellent communicator, who understands the importance of consistency in our voice, brand and message across varied channels and formats.
It’s also critical that you take the work you’re doing seriously, but not yourself, and that you are happy to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. Tyk hires people who are as comfortable running to the local supermarket to grab drinks for a last-minute community event as they are managing the concept, content, and implementation for the latest global Tyk release. We’re big on teamwork, not arrogance or politics.
In all of this you’ll be supported by a marketing team of marketers & designers, and will check in regularly with the Marketing Manager and Business Directors. We’ll work together to implement and refine our marketing strategy and execute promotional campaigns, content production, events, as well as the usual ad-hoc activities. We are a remote-first team though, so it’s vital that you have a keen sense of initiative and are confident to execute plans, assess options and make decisions.
Though the initial focal point of this role will be multichannel campaign management, this is a hands-on role with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop as we scale our APAC operation. Given the nature of the role, you may be required to travel for short periods infrequently for the first year.
- Proven experience working in a marketing role
- The right to work from our office in Singapore
- Excellent communication skills – written and interpersonal
- Fluent in written and spoken business-level English
- Demonstrable experience deriving campaign concepts from strategic insights and user research
- Demonstrable experience conceiving, planning, managing and executing multichannel marketing campaigns across web, email, social, and paid advertising
- Demonstrable experience with content planning, creation and production of a wide range of content types e.g. blog posts, case studies, social media posts, email marketing, in line with an agreed marketing strategy
- Demonstrable experience in measuring success of activity against stated targets and making recommendations for future improvements
- Demonstrable experience of managing events or complex projects/logistics from initial research through to measuring impact
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets (by individual project or greater)
- Demonstrable experience of managing suppliers or other team members who are not direct reports
- Experience with content planning, creation and production of a wide range of content types e.g. blog posts, case studies, social media posts, email marketing, in line with an agreed marketing strategy
- Experience in managing events, meet-ups and/or workshops
- Experience in website content management, social media management, email marketing platforms and Google Analytics
- Professional marketing or project management qualification
- B2B marketing experience, ideally in software or technology organisations
- Experience working with teams in other locations
- Marketing strategy and planning
- Excellent copywriter
- Experience with Mailchimp
- Experience with WordPress CMS
- Experience with Capsule CRM
- Experience with social media marketing tools e.g. Buffer, Hootsuite
- Experience Google Adwords implementation and optimisation
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
There is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our Singapore office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore to global organisations like Capital One, the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.