At Tyk we believe in engineering
In an ideal world, everything would be better connected, but the internet is messy, imperfect and unpredictable.
Our engineers are dedicated to making it simple, fast and affordable to connect every system in the world.
Who are Tyk?
We are a funded, early-stage startup founded in 2015 based out of London. We have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe, our mission: to connect every system in the world.
Tyk is a high-performance API Gateway and Management platform that is used by Fortune-500 companies and hip Silicon Valley startups alike. Tyk is an open source project, and we built it so that we could shape the way that people connect the world.
Our ideal candidate:
You are independent and take responsibility for your code craft.
Our community and our enterprise customers are the people you need to satisfy: we are fanatical about listening to our clients, and their input drives our work, so you are too.
You like to ask questions, listen and then deliver solutions.
You are keen to learn new skills, in particular, Go (Tyk is a Go project), and have already delivered server-side applications in other strongly-typed languages.
You don’t need to be a Go expert, you can learn that (plenty of our team already have), but you do have a solid understanding of coding best practice, development patterns and a related server-side language.
- Very organized and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Hands-on development experience with server development
- 1+ yrs of backend engineering experience
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source
- Experience working with strongly-typed languages (Go, C, C++, Java, .Net)
- Understanding of Linux
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics
- Experience building applications in Go
- Experience with Redis and MongoDB
- Experience at developing web services with REST APIs
- Solid understanding of agile development methods
- Are a team player with strong client-facing skills
- Are business fluent in spoken and written English
- Want to work with Go, Docker, Kubernetes, and other new stack technologies
- Feel responsible for the quality of the products and features that you ship
- Participate in code and design reviews, teach and learn from other engineers
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build, and improve our product
- Our software needs to be fast, reliable, and robust – and most of all, built in a way that is scalable, well tested and readable.
- We’re big believers in code as craft, and want that to be reflected in our own codebase. That’s where you come in…
Remote Working & Flexible Culture
We at Tyk believe that you should work with the tools you are comfortable with and in an environment that is your happy place.
Most importantly, we have an asynchronous, and inclusive process that ensures that everyone – no matter their time zone – can participate in product discussions.
You can work on your own equipment, or we’ll be more than happy to ship you a brand new MacBook Pro (or souped-up Linux box for the Mac haters).
Of course – a little face time is good for the soul, we commit to operating two company retreats per year to get everyone together, so you’ll be jetting off to somewhere cool soon enough!
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th-century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mum’s house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.