Who are Tyk?
We are a funded, early-stage startup founded in 2015 based out of London but with a distributed team spread across the globe. We have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe, our mission: to connect every system in the world.
We have a diverse and distributed team, everyone is a full-time employee, but flexing your hours to suit your day/family/mountain-biking/whatever and working remotely, is the norm.
Tyk is a fast growing technology company and in order to continue our journey we need to ensure our fully distributed team have access to the best possible technology and collaboration tools, with the most rigorous security and compliance.
We work with some of the worlds most security-conscious organisations, from banking, through healthcare to government security services.
This means we need specific expertise within the provisioning and management of hardware and software and ensuring ongoing compliance and governance.
What can you do with us?
- Drive continuous improvement and risk-aware culture:
- Identify opportunities for improvement in all areas, develop and execute strategies to address those opportunities
- Communicate pertinent security-related information (company, industry and technology news events) to leadership
- Produce, review and enhance policy and procedure documentation which will define and evidence operational behaviours
- Partnering with existing resources to execute an overhaul of information security controls:
- Identity and Access Management
- Document/Data Protection
- Mobile Device Management
- Maintain operational stability:
- Provide technical support to our global staff
- Maintain Business Continuity plan
- Work with platform suppliers to ensure best-in-class provision, service and value
- Formalize and execute information security routines:
- Risk identification and triage
- Threat detection and prevention
- Event management and reporting
We’re looking for someone to own our internal IT and the processes and governance around it. You will be passionate about security and technology but perhaps frustrated by the glacial and restrictive approaches of most big enterprises.
You’ll be excited by the prospect of developing new processes and approaches with cutting edge suppliers, to set the standard for delivering the most secure, agile and high-performant distributed business possible.
You’ve managed a medium size business computing environment, covering everything from laptops to networking.
You will need to be able to work autonomously, build strong stakeholder relationships across multiple locations, and demonstrate excellent written communication.
- Practical experience with supporting hardware and software remotely
- Practical experience of risk management frameworks and associated reporting
- Involvement in managing security certification, either at the personal or org level.
- Detail oriented, administration expert
- The ability to own and drive continuous improvement in a cutting edge technology landscape
- Experience of remote working
- Experience in a highly regulated industry
- Are business fluent in spoken and written English
- Are passionate about making an impact in a growth environment
- Are legally able to live and work in the UK
- Can demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team and are able to effectively communicate your ideas to your colleagues.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Our early stage team members shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available and we hope you’ll ensure we maintain our reputation for this.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.