Who are Tyk?
Founded in London in 2015. We have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe, our mission: to connect every system in the world.
Tyk is a high-performance API Management platform that is used by fortune-500 companies and hip Silicon Valley startups alike. Tyk is an open source project, we built it so that we could shape the way that people connect the world.
Our software is at the cutting edge of Enterprise Infrastructure, we work with smart, ambitious, capable client teams running large scale, mission-critical operations. Our account managers work with those teams to ensure they get the partnership they require. That’s where you come in…
What can you do with us?
Our new Sales Director will be fundamentally responsible for Tyk’s sales within EMEA region. You will manage 3 existing Tyk Account Managers. Your sole report will be to the Tyk Global Commercial Director.
A Tyk Sales Director is a client-facing role within a cross-functional team. You will manage relationships with new and existing clients, with defined tasks and requirements to deliver.
- Sales Director for EMEA opportunities. Mainly Inside Sales. Includes handling renewals & new business.
- Recruit, build and manage EMEA Sales team (currently 3 x Account Managers will increase in future).
- Forecast & deliver monthly sales and performance targets for EMEA region.
- Responding (along with your commercial team) to any inbound inquiries.
- Board reports and commercial updates to Global Commercial Director.
- Conducting performance reviews of EMEA Account Managers.
- Adding new Tyk partners (esp in key EMEA markets).
- Develop and refine our sales processes, GTM strategies and regional pricing.
- Operating as a Sales Director – working on leads big & small. Will have individual sales targets & team targets. Will need to get ‘hands dirty’.
- Qualify potential leads & opps before committing Tyk resources.
- Work with existing key accounts to open-up parallel/related/conglomerate opportunities within groups and large enterprise.
- Once qualified, schedule calls with potential customers & Tyk CEs to learn more about their requirements, deliver demos etc.
- Help expand the network of Tyk partners. Finding new ones & check in with existing.
- Work with Head of Consulting to make sure CEs are being allocated correctly.
- Attend trade shows and conferences, as agreed with leadership, to promote Tyk to potential clients.
- Outbound cold-contact with potential targets, where Tyk already has referenceable clients within a sector/vertical/territory.
- Liaise with key accounts to ensure they are “on the rack” post sale.
- Collaborating and supervising the existing EMEA Account Managers.
- Lead weekly commercial meetings with Account Managers, and maintain KPI metrics and visibility to Global Commercial Director.
Tyk is scaling rapidly. The company has grown from 2 to 45 people in three years. You will be responsible for recruiting, managing and motivating this team. You will also be responsible for ensuring the EMEA team hits its targets.
The clients you will interface with range from Fortune 500 multinational media and banking brands to cutting-edge augmented reality and fintech startups. Our partnerships are with global digital agencies, System Integrators and top tier consultancies
The successful candidate will have superb communication skills, able to handle stressful situations like a seasoned pro, constantly looking to expand their knowledge and skill set, all while working with the pre-sales and product team to deliver properly defined and scoped tasks for the short and long term client future.
You’ll join our distributed team. Onboarding will take place at Tyk’s London office. You will be tasked with supporting our pre-sales and product teams across North America and managing key accounts and engaging with new prospects in your territory. This is an inside sales role, rather than field-sales. Travel will be frequent, but for short periods
- People management experience
- Strong direct sales experience, ideally Enterprise software
- Proven leader of people, with experience motivating, mentoring and developing teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills – excellent English, written and able to present confidently. Additional languages advantageous.
- Experienced in Complex B2B software licensing, negotiations, and contracts
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Entrepreneurial – our EMEA business is growing rapidly and you will be instrumental in our development of new markets, in particular with our clients and partners in Western & Northern Europe.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Our early stage team members shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance. Everyone has unlimited paid leave.
We also offer excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, starting on Day 1.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our Atlanta office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can continue to work from the office, or choose to work flexibly from home, a cafe, a workspace, a private office, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future. As an early member of the North America team, opportunities for advancement are excellent.
Tyk also operates an employee ownership scheme. Every employee is eligible for share options once they have worked at Tyk for at least 1 year.