Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like Capital One, the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
We’re looking for a Partner Manager to work with the commercial and marketing directors to further develop the Tyk partner strategy, starting with a focus on EMEA, over time you will build a team of scale and capability to execute across our global offices.
- Ensuring the partner network delivers sufficient pipeline for the Tyk commercial team to meet their targets.
- You must be comfortable with handling complex technical sales to highly regulated industries and experience working within a Systems Integrator, agency or professional services consultancy is key.
- Identifying and nurturing partner relationships.
- Collaborate with partners to drive robust partner / business plans based on a joint venture approach that drive business growth, quality improvement and improved partner scale concurrently.
- Leading the development of assets, systems and processes required to enable partners to go-to-market with Tyk
- Collaborating with the Marketing Director to develop and prioritise go-to-market campaigns to support partners.
- Collaborating with the Marketing Director to develop partner specific marketing activities to increase our footprint and quality of partners
- Liaise with key accounts to ensure they are “on the rack” post-sale
- Develop and implement a partner strategy that can be extended globally, agreeing on budgets and targets with the board and executing on growing a partner team as those targets are met over time.
- Ensure the partner channel delivers qualified leads to the commercial team
- Driving ongoing QA support for partner engagement in shared client engagements
- Support partners in creating Tyk practices from product offering, services, cases and any other materials / thinking that will enhance the quality of their offer.
Our Ideal candidate would have:
- Strong Tech Experience with agencies, prof-services and software organisations.
- Experience of building out a new capability within a fast-paced tech business, ideally with some degree of P&L ownership.
- Experience of selling Enterprise software/API Management
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring a team.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mum’s house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.